Accounting Advisory – Director
New York, New York
Director – Accounting Advisory
Our client is a leading accounting advisory firm that works with clients ranging from pre-IPO start-ups to well-established Fortune 500 companies.
We're looking for someone from public accounting and/or accounting advisory who has experience with risk and compliance related to SOX.
Who You Are:
- 8+ years of public accounting experience in external audit or advisory.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required. Master's degree preferred.
- CPA, CIA, and/or CISA preferred.
- Exceptional people skills and ability to mentor a team.
- Strong working knowledge of complex technical accounting issues within US GAAP.
What You'll Do:
- Work with a variety of clients – from Fortune 500 companies to pre-IPO start-ups in New York.
- Serve as a trusted advisor for clients by being a subject matter expert on critical SOX issues.
- Provide advice on related areas – e.g., fraud assessment, documentation of process flows, entity level controls, completion of scope planning etc.
- Mentor and manage the SOX team.
Why Work Here:
- Work/life balance: work a balanced 40-45 hour week. Any if you do choose to work more, you get overtime pay!
- Consistent growth: 20+ years of proven success and continued growth (33% this year alone) – all while have no layoffs.
- Down-to-earth team: having a positive, People-First culture is a top priority for the firm.
What does this position pay?
Compensation is determined by several factors which may include skillset, experience level, and geographic location.
The expected range for this role is $160,000 to $180,000 base per year. Please note this range is an estimate and actual pay may vary based on qualifications and experience.
If your experience meets the above requirements and you're ready to take the next step in your career, please send your resume to Sion at email@example.com.
We actively support and promote people of various backgrounds, from race, religion and gender to geographical area, university, lifestyle and personality type. Proven Recruiting is minority-owned and is a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion in the broader community. Apply now!