Accounting Clerk – Work/Life Balance
Los Angeles, California
*Not a remote position. Located in West LA!
We're working with a commercial real estate firm who is hiring a Staff Accountant to own the accounting and bookkeeping for the company as well as help develop and implement strong systems and processes. This is a growing Commercial Real Estate company who's looking for someone to grow and expand with them as they acquire more properties!
What You’ll Do:
- Process all accounts payable using current budget GL codes in a timely manner
- Maintain property management accounting records on AppFolio, including setting up new properties/bank accounts for acquisitions
- Prepare monthly reports and financial statements to be sent to investors and lenders
- Assist in lease administration (reading and extracting relevant information)
- Assist in preparing yearly CAM Reconciliations
- Organize and enter invoices, prepare bill details and requesting approvals, and print physical checks for payments
- Update and record tenant charges and receipts
- Follow up with tenants to ask for rents owed
- Update rent tracker daily with specific comments and next actions for each tenant
- Organize Tenant, Vendor, and Contractors file systems (Leases, COIs, any other relevant documents)
Who You Are:
- 2+ years of accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, or related field
- Proactive, timely, and meticulous: always seeking to find answers or to come to the Asset Manager with clear, concise questions
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Suite, specifically Excel
- Experience with AppFolio highly preferred
Why Work Here:
- Grow You Career: Potential for growth is endless as this firm continues to make more investments
- Long term opportunity: We're looking for someone who wants to invest in the firm and lay down roots!
- Flexible vacation and other policies: This is an entrepreneurial environment and group of people with flexible schedules and adaptive working styles. Be accountable to each other and enjoy not having rigid company policies to work around.
If you meet the above qualifications, please email your resume to email@example.com for confidential consideration.
We actively support and promote people of various backgrounds, from race, religion and gender to geographical area, university, lifestyle and personality type. Proven Recruiting is minority-owned, and is a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion in the broader community.