San Diego, California
Accounting Director – Biotech – Inspiring Research – High Growth
Join one of San Diego's fast growing companies! You’ll have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the development of the Accounting team. Don’t miss this chance to work in biotech company that is pioneering their research to really make an impact. Apply today!
What you will need:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA required.
- 8-12+ years of accounting related experience with 4+ years coming from Big4 or public accounting.
- Leadership experience leading a team of finance and accounting professionals.
- Thorough understanding of accounting standards such as US GAAP and SOX. IFRS experience a plus!
- Excellent organization skills and ability to see both the forest and the trees.
- Committed individual with high integrity, self-starter, and ability to work well on a team.
What you’ll do:
- Oversee all accounting, financial reporting, technical accounting and FP&A for various subsidiaries and entities.
- Assist in the monthly close and the preparation of monthly and quarterly financial reports including the related analysis.
- Assess and ensure the integrity of accounting entries, accruals, and reconciliations in accordance with GAAP.
- Lead and mentor various finance and accounting leaders.
- Oversee internal controls in compliance with company standards and SOX guidelines.
Why work here?
- High-growth environment: This company is rapidly expanding and is looking for people who can grow with them.
- Impact: Have a positive influence both as part of a lean team where your voice can be heard, as well as on the company as a whole.
- Compensation: Competitive compensation package that includes base, bonus, and equity.
Please send your resume to Mike Chiv at firstname.lastname@example.org – we'd love to hear from you!
We actively support and promote people of various backgrounds, from race, religion and gender to geographical area, university, lifestyle and personality type. Proven Recruiting is minority-owned, majority women, and is a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion in the broader community. Do not hesitate to apply now!