Accounting & Finance Manager (Rotation program) – Asset Management industry
Los Angeles, California
Unique rotational program as an Accounting/Finance Manager in the asset management industry!
We're working with a global asset management firm who has developed a unique 2-year rotation program for accounting professionals who wants to develop a broad range of skills in accounting (both corporate and fund), finance, and other areas within the finance organization. After 2 years, you can either stay in the program, or if you've discovered your strengths/interests – transition into one of the firm's teams permanently!
*This position will be in-person 3 days a week, remote 2 days a week.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA desired
- 5+ years relevant accounting or external audit experience; Big 4/Top 10 public accounting experience highly desired
- Understanding of Fund Accounting and Operations business processes
- Knowledge of US GAAP accounting, operations, reconciliations, account analysis, and management reporting
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Self-motivated with strong attention to detail and excellent work ethic
- Solid analytical skills and ability to understand and resolve complex problems
What You'll Do:
- Participate in 6-month rotations within Fund Accounting, Corporate Finance, and Corporate Accounting
- Fund Accounting: prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports to clients; analyze and calculate performance metrics for partnerships/accounts as well as for each investment; review calculations of fund and client-specific performance, etc.
- Corporate Finance: analyze drivers of historical financial performance, including key trends that are impacting the business; understand the components, drivers and evolution of company expenses and forecast them accordingly; support Corporate Financing activities, including budgeting and preparation of materials for external parties
- Corporate Accounting: prepare financial calculations and account analyses, including supporting schedules on a monthly and quarterly basis, collaborating with internal and external auditors in annual audits and quarterly reviews, performing certain key internal control processes, etc.
Why Work Here:
- Collaborative Culture: Inclusive workplace dedicated to further DE&I initiatives and providing opportunities for professional growth.
- Work/Life Balance: Well-staffed teams and manageable work flows so you can prioritize more in life than just work!
- Competitive Compensation: Generous base, bonuses, and comprehensive benefits
What does this position pay?
Compensation is determined by several factors which may include skillset, experience level, and geographic location.
The expected range for this role is $135,000 to $155,000 per year. Please note this range is an estimate and actual pay may vary based on qualifications and experience.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for confidential consideration.
We actively support and promote people of various backgrounds, from race, religion and gender to geographical area, university, lifestyle and personality type. Proven Recruiting is minority-owned and is a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion in the broader community. Do not hesitate to apply now!