Accounting Manager (great work life balance) – Asset Management industry
Los Angeles, California
Looking for work/life balance? A down-to-earth culture? Long-term growth opportunity?
We're working with a global asset management firm who has a newly created position (due to growth) as a Fund Accounting Manager. This reputable firm is known for their strong work/life balance, extremely high retention (5+ years is the norm), and friendly culture. If you're coming from Big 4/Top 10 external audit and have financial services clients or already have accounting experience in the industry, read on!
*This position will be in-person 3 days a week, remote 2 days a week.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 4-8 years relevant accounting or external audit experience; Big 4/Top 10 public accounting experience highly desired
- Investment management or other relevant financial services industry experience required
- CPA desired
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience with PowerBI, Alteryx, or other data analytical tools is a plus
- Self-motivated with strong attention to detail and excellent work ethic
- Solid analytical skills and ability to understand and resolve complex problems
What You'll Do:
- Oversee the monthly closing process for portfolios, including reconciling portfolio data and calculating management fees and the accrual of expenses.
- Review the reconciliations and other work performed by offshore service providers.
- Review quarterly and annual financial statements prepared in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
- Ensure compliance with key financial reporting controls and ensuring that evidentiary matter is appropriately documented to comply with the requirements of Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Coordinate the interim and annual financial statement audit fieldwork with the external auditors.
- Oversee fund-related efficiency and automation projects.
Why Work Here:
- Collaborative Culture: Inclusive workplace dedicated to further DE&I initiatives and providing opportunities for professional growth.
- Work/Life Balance: Well-staffed teams and manageable work flows so you can prioritize more in life than just work!
- Competitive Compensation: Generous base, bonuses, and comprehensive benefits
Please send your resume to email@example.com for confidential consideration.
We actively support and promote people of various backgrounds, from race, religion and gender to geographical area, university, lifestyle and personality type. Proven Recruiting is minority-owned and is a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion in the broader community. Do not hesitate to apply now!