Accounting Manager: Start-up disrupting their industry
Los Angeles, California
Looking for that perfect start-up opportunity where you can add immense value to the company and elevate your career with the experience you'll be gaining? If you're a quick-learner with experience in both public accounting and industry accounting, we might be looking for you!
This technology start-up has already become a leader in its space with an AI-driven platform that has revolutionized a previously archaic practice in its industry. To keep up and prepare for all the future growth, they're looking for a strong Accounting Manager – ideally with pre-IPO or public company experience. See more below and apply for consideration!
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 5+ years of experience including combination of external audit and industry accounting required
- Pre-IPO or public company accounting experience highly desired
- Advanced excel skills, including v-lookups, pivot tables and experience working with large data sets
- Strong accounting understanding in areas including SOX, SEC regulations, financial reporting, etc.
- Eager to hit the ground running in an exciting industry
- CPA desired
What You'll Do:
- Be involved in full-cycle corporate accounting functions – monthly and quarter end closes, journal entries, consolidation, financial analyses, account reconciliations, audit support, etc.
- Build and maintain strong internal controls to ensure accurate and timely reporting of financial information in compliance with SOX 404
- Support for the year end audit, quarterly reviews, and audit of internal control over financial reporting
- Collaborate with 3rd parties and work cross-functionally with various internal teams
- Assist with special projects as needed
Why Work Here?
- Culture is a Priority: Intelligent but down-to-earth team who you'll enjoy collaborating with on a daily basis.
- High-growth Environment: Start-up energy and a chance to see the results of your work through the success and growth of the company!
- Mentorship is Key: Work with and learn from a progressive, ex-Big 4 VP Controller who wants the team to drive towards a shared goal!
If you're interested in learning more, please send your resume to Marissa at firstname.lastname@example.org
We actively support and promote people of various backgrounds, from race, religion and gender to geographical area, university, lifestyle and personality type. Proven Recruiting is minority-owned, and is a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion in the broader community. Do not hesitate to apply now!