Accounts Payable Director
Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex, Texas
Accounts Payable Director:
Rare opportunity: help shape one of Dallas’ fastest growing companies! You’ll have the opportunity to make a substantial impact on the development of the accounting team and will report directly to the Accounting Director. Don’t miss the chance to contribute to an outstanding culture and help advance the growth and direction of a quickly innovating, well-respected company.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for developing and implementing the vision, mission and department strategy that supports the company's overall strategic goals.
- The Director ensures the department provides accurate and timely processing and disbursement of vendor obligations, assures the integrity of their financial accounting systems
- Direct the hiring and training of personnel and ensures continual process improvement.
- This position interacts regularly with executive management and provides recommendations for new technologies, internal control processes and procedures and analytical information including AP metrics.
- Management of multiple projects, promotion of workforce diversity and compliance with company policies.
- Identifying systems or system enhancements that improve the quality and efficiency of the work of the department, continuous benchmarking and process improvement, and working effectively with various departments
- Ensures that all documentation (process flows, desktop procedures, policies, procedures, control documentation, etc.) is accurate and complete and maintained
- Manages monthly closing of AP and posting of month-end information and ensures the accuracy of financial statements including timely completion of Account Reconciliations
- Works closely with the External Auditor as part of their quarterly review / annual audit and is responsible for the preparation/review of audit binders & schedules
Who you are:
- 10+ years of experience within AP
- 5+ years of experience in a management
- Proven track record of handling customer relationships
- Experience working for a publicly traded company preferred
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required
- Strong communication skills; proven ability to communicate effectively
Why work here?
- Stable and established work environment: perfect for someone looking to lay down roots with a company.
- People / Atmosphere: Work with a welcoming and collaborative team with a drive for success.
- Culture is a priority. Fostering a fun, open culture factors into every decision and business evaluation.
- Impact: Have a positive influence both as part of a lean team where your voice can be heard, as well as on the company.?
What to do now:
Please send your resume to Kailin Britton at email@example.com- we'd love to hear from you!
We actively support and promote people of various backgrounds, from race, religion and gender to geographical area, university, lifestyle and personality type. Proven Recruiting is minority-owned, majority women, and is a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion in the broader community. Do not hesitate to apply now!