San Diego , California
Assistant Controller – Biotech – San Diego
You’ve found your match if culture, professional development, and leading others are your priorities. This pioneering company in the biotech research space is looking to support and promote a talented accounting leader who will be lead and manage both operational and technical accounting (ASC 606 and 842), treasury, and finance. Apply today!
What you will need:
- Bachelor's in Accounting, Finance, Economics or similar field required. CPA required.
- 8-12 years of progressive accounting experience with 4+ years within public accounting including biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, or research clients.
- Strong desire to work in a face paced environment while leading and developing a team.
- Demonstrate ability to translate accounting/finance terms to various audiences.
- Strong Excel skills. Experience with Power-BI or other dash-boarding tools a plus.
What you'll do:
- Prepare and oversee general ledger, memo writing, and consolidations.
- Assist with ad-hoc reporting for senior leaders and Board of Directors.
- Ensure financial deliverables are accurate, timely, and in compliance with US GAAP.
- Manage and guide budget process with senior leaders.
- Continually improve upon system processes to build upon efficiencies.
Why work here?
- Inspiring management: people work for people – and these are great, smart people to work for and with. You’ll have the resources and support to grow in this role and learn from your superiors.
- Exciting Industry: the company is making an impact with the research they are doing.
- Wear many hats: you'll gain experience within many areas of accounting and finance.
- Compensation and benefits.
Please forward your resume to email@example.com to learn more!
NOTE: We actively support and promote people of various backgrounds, from race, religion and gender to geographical area, university, lifestyle and personality type. Proven Recruiting is minority-owned, majority women, and is a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion in the broader community.