San Diego, California
Assistant Controller – San Diego – $100-115K + Bonus
Mentor, inspire, do! Join a growing Financial Service organization and lead a small team with oversight of the monthly close, the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting, and the related analysis. You will also be mentored and supported by quality finance and accounting professionals and to grow your career and responsibilities as the company continues to grow. Apply today!
What you will do:
- Lead and manage the monthly, quarterly, and year-end close procedures and provide related variance analysis.
- Assist with strategic planning and review financial packages with management
- Manage the team to ensure a timely close and review G/L entries including taxes, payroll, and other accruals to help ensure GAAP compliance and material accuracy
- Research variances with the team provide trend analysis and to identify potential problems or errors
- Hire, mentor, develop and assess team-members
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Econ or similar field
- CPA, Masters’ in Accounting or Tax, or an MBA highly preferred
- 5-7 years of progressive accounting and finance experience required
- Experience in financial service industry and or public accounting
- Strong knowledge of GAAP required, and a few years of public accounting (audit or tax) preferred
- 2+ years of supervisory experience
- Experience with accounting systems such as Microsoft Office Suite, Excel – advanced, QuickBooks, Fixed Asset Software, and regulatory reporting software
Why Work Here:
- Leadership, mentorship, and growth: this is a great opportunity to both develop and develop others in a growing company
- The company and its industry: be a part of a growing company in San Diego’s growing financial service industry with exciting near, mid, and long-term opportunity
- Competitive compensation: management will reward you for your contributions with a competitive offer and a competitive package
Please send your resume to email@example.com if you have the requisite skills and would like additional information.
Note: We actively support and promote people of various backgrounds, from race, religion, and gender to location, university, lifestyle, and personality type. Proven Recruiting is minority-owned and is a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion in the broader community. Apply now!