San Diego, California
Assistant Controller – Wear Many Hats – Small Company with Great Leadership
Want to make a difference? Working directly with the Controller, you’ll be supported in your day-to-day efforts to accomplish all accounting/finance functions. A strong Accounting leader who is a self-starter and knows how to take initiative will be successful in this role. Apply today!
What you will need:
- Bachelor's in Accounting, Finance, Economics or similar field required. CPA preferred.
- 8-10 years of accounting experience with at least 2+ years in public accounting.
- Strong understanding of US GAAP accounting, financial reporting, consolidations and audit preparation.
- Desire to roll up your sleeves to drive process improvements and create new processes.
- Strong communication skills with a positive team-oriented attitude.
What you’ll do:
- Oversee accounting functions including financial reporting, AP, AR, payroll, month end closing, ERP implementation, and timely financial statement deliverables.
- Manage the day to day operations of a small team for 3-4 people.
- Create and improve upon ad hoc financial reporting to provide to various business leaders.
- Support in preparation and managing compliance for annual audit procedures.
- Continually improve upon system processes to build upon efficiencies.
Why work here?
- Small team environment: Encourages interdivisional collaboration. You’ll always have your voice heard and will have the opportunity to wear many hats!
- Supportive leadership: You’ll be directly reporting to a competent, devoted and kind manager with a reputation for building successful leaders.
- Impact: Have a positive influence both as part of a lean team where your voice can be heard, as well as on the company as a whole.
Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll share more details to see if this would be a match!
NOTE: We actively support and promote people of various backgrounds, from race, religion and gender to geographical area, university, lifestyle and personality type. Proven Recruiting is minority-owned, majority women, and is a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion in the broader community.