Assistant Fund Controller:
Do you love your job? You probably would if you had this one – it’s an collaborative team that understands that we don't live to work, but work to live. Our private equity client is looking for an Assistant Controller with Fund experience to manage their investor accounting. If you don't want to manage people, but you want to manage a process this is the role for you. Apply now!
What you’ll do:
- Process portfolio company financings, M&A transactions, and related valuation events by recording adjustments and journal entries in internal systems
- Own preparation of quarterly financial statements, footnote disclosures, investor allocations, schedules of investments & portfolio summary reports
- Prepare portfolio statements for investors
- Prepare distribution allocations, investor notices and wires; and confirm wire instructions with investors as needed
- Prepare weekly reconciliation of investment data between investment database and accounting system, and investigate differences
- Monitor and record cash activity; prepare monthly bank reconciliations
- Prepare year-end audit and tax packages and assist with year-end audit and tax requests
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree
- Active licensed CPA
- 3+ years of relevant experience working within private equity or venture capital
- Sound working knowledge and understanding of US GAAP
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to read and interpret venture financing documents and recording relevant accounting and valuation transactions
- Eager individual willing to roll up their sleeves and learn new concepts with support and guidance from team members
Why work here?
- Top-rated benefits package: includes full dental, vision and 401k matching. Company pays 100% of medical premiums!
- Culture is a priority. Fostering a fun, open culture factors into every decision and business evaluation.
- Close-knit team willing to go to bat for one another
- Stable and established work environment: perfect for someone looking to lay down roots with a company.
- Impact: Have a positive influence both as part of a lean team where your voice can be heard, as well as on the company as a whole.?
- Flexible hours: Sometimes life has to come first. Don’t worry about occasionally leaving early to pick up your kids or coming in late after a doctor appointment.
What to do now:
Please send your resume to Nick Mathews at email@example.com – we'd love to hear from you!
We actively support and promote people of various backgrounds, from race, religion and gender to geographical area, university, lifestyle and personality type. Proven Recruiting is minority-owned, majority women, and is a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion in the broader community. Do not hesitate to apply now!