Consider this the ideal springboard for the rest of your career. As the Assistant Controller, you will be responsible for managing a team of four accountants as well as getting your hands dirty with general ledger works. Our client has been a market leader since 1990 and is experience growth after the pandemic. This role provides the opportunity to expand upon your variance analysis experience and could potentially evolve into a promotion. Apply now.
What you’ll do:
- Manage and mentor a team of four Accountants
- Lead the preparation of monthly financial statements
- Participate in strategic financial projects including upgrades / implementation of Financial/ERP software integrations
- Assist with the preparation of the annual budget
- Coordinate ongoing reforecasting, all management reporting, and the related trends and variance analyses
- Optimize the workload allocation across the finance team, and manage this group with dynamic leadership through planning, directing, and coordinating all day-to-day operational functions and the monthly financial close process
- Develop and maintain a system of internal controls that maximizes protection of financial assets through the establishment of appropriate policies, procedures, and workflow documentation
- Develop and maintain internal controls and ensure compliance
- Work with external auditors to ensure successful audit results and compliance
- Oversee the AP and billing cycle including, invoice entry, payment applications, and subledger reconciliation to the general ledger
- Prepare detailed journal entries and account analysis
Who you are:
- 10+ years of experience with general ledger accounting
- CPA preferred, but not required
- Mid-size company experience preferred
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, finance or related field
- Enjoy management duties
Why work here?
- Small team environment encourages interdivisional collaboration. You’ll always have your voice heard and can wear many hats!
- Stable and established work environment: perfect for someone looking to lay down roots with a company.
- Casual dress code: This company cares more about how you perform than what you wear
What to do now:
Please send your resume to Nick Mathews at email@example.com – we'd love to hear from you!
We actively support and promote people of various backgrounds, from race, religion and gender to geographical area, university, lifestyle and personality type. Proven Recruiting is minority-owned, majority women, and is a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion in the broader community. Do not hesitate to apply now!