Assistant Fund Controller
Assistant Fund Controller-
Are you driven towards the excitement of Private Equity? Entrepreneurial. Innovative. Creative. Join one of our most prominent clients in the Private Equity arena who is shifting the paradigm of how the industry is perceived by investors and businesses.
Here in DFW there are no shortage of PE firms or financial services groups for you to be a part of and contribute to – BUT – in many of these organizations your contributions, your energy, may simply blend into the structure or “machine” at large. Our client is offering the type of opportunity that rarely becomes available. This is your chance to be an integral piece of the creating of a business, brand, and culture…and not just be another cog in the wheel.
Who you are:
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business-related function
- 4+ years Financial Services experience (Private Equity, Fund Admin or Public Accounting required)
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Enthusiastic, proactive and someone who is curious to learn more about the business than stay in a siloed function
- Has a passion for Private Equity and understanding of Fund Management/Accounting
- Ability to understand complexities of various funds and clients
What you'll do
- Preparation of general journal entries
- Record monthly accruals for expenses, interest income, and other items
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations and reporting packages
- Monitor cash daily and record entries
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations
- Calculate and prepare distributions
- Prepare Financial Statements for Investments
Why work here?
- To build something special! This is a highly entrepreneurial setting. The company is established yet this role is being hired at a key time in the company's evolution
- Work life balance! Flexible hours and exceptional PTO/Vacation policy (Unlimited PTO)
- Culture! Family oriented, nice, drama free people who are exceptionally passionate about their company.
- Growth! Priority to promote from within before seeking outside resources. Learning opportunities are abundant with several key executives who are accessible to help and teach.
What to do now:
If you think your background aligns very closely, we want to hear from you! Hit “apply” and feel free to follow up with an email to Carly Zuckerman at firstname.lastname@example.org
We actively support and promote people of various backgrounds, from race, religion and gender to geographical area, university, lifestyle and personality type. Proven Recruiting is minority-owned, majority women, and is a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion in the broader community. Do not hesitate to apply now!