Associate Software Engineer
San Diego, California
- Implement software used in diagnostic instrument systems data management.
- Collaborate with cross-functional groups (across R&D, Information Systems, Marketing, Regulatory, Quality Control, Manufacturing, and others) to ensure that all software specifications meet requirements.
- Participate on design teams to support project deliverables, goals, timelines, and provide technical direction to ensure product success.
- Proactively acquire knowledge of legacy products to understand software interactions and assay dependencies.
- Consult with Information Systems (IS) to develop software that enables common security and connectivity features across all product lines.
- Develop software analysis tools and analytical methods to solve instrument-to-assay compatibility issues.
- Develop software validation strategies, protocols and implementation plans to support instrument launch and commercialization. Write reports, protocols and other technical documentation to support Design Control.
- BSCS, BSEE, BS Math, or equivalent analytical discipline is required.
- 5+ years of progressively complex software design and development experience is required.
- A demonstrated track record of progressively challenging assignments as a Software Developer in the development of medical software is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Experience with C++, Python required.
- Experience with Linux is required.
- Experience with embedded systems is required.
- Experience using source control required.
- Experience with web development is preferred.
- Experience with data analytics or bioinformatics is preferred.
- Experience with cloud platforms is a plus.
- Experience working with relational or unstructured databases is a plus.