Audit Supervisor (SOX)
Irving , Texas
Audit Supervisor (SOX)
Want to have your voice heard? We’re partnering with a leading logistics company in Irving to help grow their internal controls department. Your extensive SOX experience will allow you to thrive in this fast-paced role. If you’re a seasoned professional looking to join – and help shape – a talented team, apply now. Their market position is supported by a strong leadership with a proven track record of success. Capable, eager Audit professionals will find this role equal parts challenging and motivating, with the added bonus of a supportive team and generous benefits – Apply now!
What you'll do:
- Manage and perform SOX testing and ensure testing results are appropriately documented and communicated, including detail review of outsourcing partners execution of SOX procedures
- Plan, implement, coordinate, and execute all phases of SOX compliance, (to include leading walkthroughs and identifying/validating key controls, developing test procedures, executing and documenting testing, and reporting results to Management internal and external audit)
- Update documentation including process flowcharts, process narratives, risk and controls matrix and evaluate controls as new systems are developed and/or process changes
- Ensure clear, concise, actionable and practical observations and recommendations, with a well-documented process for communication and clearance
- As SOX Compliance Supervisor, you will be responsible for PMO responsibilities including overseeing our outsourcing partners engagement economics, and resource requirements at each testing phase
- Coordinate with internal and external auditors on the annual SOX testing plan and provide support to them to ensure timely and smooth completion of SOX projects
What you'll need:
- 4+ years of recent audit/internal control experience from national accounting firms or large public companies, including experience of supervising audit engagement team or SOX testing team
- Strong knowledge of SOX compliance and COSO framework
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- CPA/CIA certification
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to build productive relationships with all levels of management and auditors
- Experience with large ERP systems (e.g., Oracle, SAP, PeopleSoft)
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision as well as in a team environment
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Visio)
Why work here:
- Culture is a priority. Fostering a fun, open culture factors into every decision and business move.
- Close-knit team willing to go to bat for one another
- Stable and established work environment: perfect for someone looking to lay down roots with a company.
- Top-rated benefits package: includes full dental, vision, medical, 401K.
What to do now:
Please send your resume to Emily Bauml at firstname.lastname@example.org- we'd love to hear from you!
We actively support and promote people of various backgrounds, from race, religion and gender to geographical area, university, lifestyle and personality type. Proven Recruiting is minority-owned, majority women, and is a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion in the broader community. Do not hesitate to apply now!