AVP, Internal Audit Supervisor
Los Angeles, CA
Internal Audit Supervisor/Manager
This newly created position at a growing financial services firm will lead audits and direct seniors and staff through planning, coordinating, and executing on a variety of financial, compliance, and operational audits across the organization (no SOX). This is a high visibility role in which you'll work closely with management and the Chief Internal Auditor of the department! If you're a skilled auditor and motivated by professional growth and learning opportunities, look no further!
Who you are:
- Bachelor's in Finance, Accounting, or similar field
- 5-8+ years of Internal Audit and public accounting experience, Financial Services industry preferred but not required
- CPA or CIA certification required
- Full understanding of audit methodology and aptitude to apply your knowledge to the business overall
What you’ll do:
- Prepare high level flowcharts, control narratives, and risk assessments for a certain area/function/department to understand operations and determine the existence of sufficient internal controls that will minimize risk exposure
- Review, verify and analyze transactions, documents, records; report for accuracy, completeness and appropriateness
- Conduct interviews with appropriate Company personnel to supplement assigned audit test
- Prepare professional work papers including supporting documentation for each audit issue identified
- Review work papers prepared by staff and provide constructive criticism as well as training opportunities
- Perform special projects as assigned by the Chief Internal Auditor and Audit Manager
Why work here:
- Open door policy: Curious minds and solution focused brainstorming is encouraged here!
- Industry leader: learn from Managers and Executives who have driven this firm's growth over the years to make it into the successful business it is today
- Competitive salary and great work/life balance
What does this position pay?
Compensation is determined by several factors which may include skillset, experience level, and geographic location.
The expected range for this role is $135,000 to $150,000 per year. Please note this range is an estimate and actual pay may vary based on qualifications and experience.
Please send your resume to Marissa at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have the requisite qualifications and are interested in the opportunity.
We actively support and promote people of various backgrounds, from race, religion and gender to geographical area, university, lifestyle and personality type. Proven Recruiting is minority-owned, majority women, and is a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion in the broader community. Apply now!
LinkedIn Twitter Facebook Yelp Google