San Diego, CA
If culture and mentorship are your priorities – you’ve found your match. This pioneer company in Biotech is looking to support and promote a talented Bioinformatics Scientist who will assist in advancing the promise of genomics using data mining and integration of data. The ideal professional will have a strong background in Genomics and an eagerness to join and contribute to a tight knit, mutually supportive community of skilled experts.
What you’ll do:
- Design, implement, and validate novel tools for variant analysis
- Perform data mining, analysis, and integration of genomic data from NGS, and other high-throughput platforms (microarray, aCGH, physical/genetic mapping etc.).
- Extract features of interest from data relating to specific biological questions.
- Contribute to documentation, publication, and presentation of methods, results, conclusions, and recommendations.
Who you are:
- BS or higher in computer science, statistics, bioinformatics, computational biology, or genomics, with a strong background in human genetics
- Experience with one or more of the following: Python, R, and Perl.
- Experience with public datasets and databases.
- Knowledge in statistics, modeling, and machine learning.
- Working knowledge of laboratory protocols relevant to sequence analysis.
- Knowledge in population genetics and experience with population- and family-based analysis.
Why work here:
- Grow your career: you’ll have the room + support to transition into Sr Research Associate and Associate Scientist as well as gaining valuable and transferable experience with genetics and molecular biology.
- Mentorship culture where you can learn new skills, maximize your growth and leverage the knowledge of superiors.
- Small team environment encourages interdivisional collaboration. You’ll always have your voice heard and can wear many hats!
Please email your resume to email@example.com if you’d like to work alongside some of the finest scientists in the pharmaceutical industry!
Note: We actively support and promote people of various backgrounds, from race, religion, gender to geographical area, university, lifestyle, and personality type. Proven Recruiting is minority-owned, majority women, and is a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion in the broader community. Apply today!