Bioinformatics – Scientist
San Diego, California
This established company is offering you the unique opportunity to hone your Bioinformatics skills in a high-support environment. Your Bioinformatics data analysis experience in combination with your go-getter attitude and quick-learning spirit will help you shine in this role. Join a close-knit team and make a name for yourself at an industry leading company – apply below.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and maintain analysis pipelines for next generation sequencing data.
- Deep dive analysis of targeted and UMI sequencing datasets to assess data/experiment quality.
- Trouble shooting and problem-solving code, NGS experiments, and run failure patterns.
- Develop and maintain standalone scripts for R&D, translational, clinical lab, clinical services, manufacturing, and quality control.
Who you are:
- MS/PhD in bioinformatics, computational biology, biostatistics, computer science, biology, chemistry, or related field, with 3+ years experience in an industrial environment.
- Experience in clinical diagnostics or biotech.
- Expertise with Linux, Python, Matlab, R. Also useful, Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with current bioinformatics tools supporting NGS applications (BWA, SAMtools, GATK, RNASeq, ChiPSeq, etc).
Why work here:
- Supportive leadership: you’ll be directly reporting to a competent, devoted and kind manager with a reputation for building successful leaders
- Impact: Have a positive influence both as part of a lean team where your voice can be heard, as well as on the company as a whole
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to work alongside some of the finest scientists in the pharmaceutical industry!
Note: We actively support and promote people of various backgrounds, from race, religion, gender to geographical area, university, lifestyle, and personality type. Proven Recruiting is minority-owned, majority women, and is a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion in the broader community. Apply today!