Clinical Laboratory Director – Hybrid
San Diego, California
Clinical Laboratory Director
If culture and mentorship are your priorities – you’ve found your match. This pioneer company in Biotech is looking to support and promote a talented Clinical Laboratory Director who will assist in advancing the promise of genomics. The ideal professional will have ABMGG board certification and an eagerness to join and contribute to a tight knit, mutually supportive community of skilled experts.
What you will do
- Responsible for the ongoing performance and sign out of cytogenetic and molecular testing in accordance with CA State, CLIA and CAP regulations
- Implementation and oversight of proficiency testing, quality control and quality improvement programs
- Responsible for performing professional interpretation & completion (sign-out) of clinical diagnostic next-generation sequencing assay with the use of clinical and phenotypic information
- Responsible for review and final approval of all abnormal and variant of unknown significance (VOUS) reports, following GC review and write-up
Who you are
- Requires an MD, PhD, or MD/PhD equivalent and ABMGG board cetification in Laboratory Genetics and Genomics, Clinical Cytogenetics and Molecular Genetics, or Molecular Pathology
- *Onsite role requires a California Clinical Laboratory License OR a license to practice medicine in California
- Knowledge of ACMG variant classification and interpretation of molecular sequencing data
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to work alongside some of the finest scientists in the life sciences industry!
Note: We actively support and promote people of various backgrounds, from race, religion, gender to geographical area, university, lifestyle, and personality type. Proven Recruiting is minority-owned, majority women, and is a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion in the broader community. Apply today!