Contract and Pricing Lead
San Diego, California
- Provides team members with mentoring and training to continuously improve the team’s knowledge, productivity and effectiveness
- Leads day-to-day activities of the Contract Administrative staff
- Supports manager by providing professional leadership and guidance to achieve departmental goals and objectives.
- Works closely with Sales, Commercial, Legal and Finance to create new contracting approaches and proposes solutions to recurring issues in the current process
- Provides ad-hoc reporting and analysis for Finance, Sales, Marketing, and Customer Support Service as needed
- Provides new user contract and pricing training to the regional sales teams. Educates internal customers on contracts and pricing processes and systems in order to increase turnaround time and efficiency.
- Prioritizes contract requests by adhering to established turnaround time to ensure timely resolutions.
- Investigates contract related disputes for departmental and interdepartmental requests related to contract data. (i.e. Commercial Sales, Customer Service, Finance, Marketing, and Legal)
- Prepares financial deal analysis including competitive pricing options based on competition, market share, utilization, costs and other appropriate aspects
- Acts as the bridge between sales team and internal departments for review and approval of standard and non-standard end-user contracts ? Reviews pricing proposals and provides recommended course of action
- Works with field to develop appropriate contract type, scope, price, profit and terms
- Analyzes current end-user pricing and group contracts, recommends adjustments needed
- Analyzes contract performance to ensure compliance and term optimization
- Creates and maintains reports to proactively identify pricing/contract issues and opportunities
- Administers and manages the entire contract process, including tracking the status of contract requests, preparing contract checklists to secure authorized signatures for contract execution.
- Assures accuracy and maintain contracting scorecard for the regional sales management team.
- Manages and administers electronic system files; database maintenance of customer contracts, including pricing, GPO and IDN eligibility, covered accounts ensuring quality and compliance.
- Interprets and modifies contract terms and conditions in accordance with business policies and practices.
Supports, informs, and coordinates with others in the Commercial organization. Works across other functions, as requested, to provide information. This individual will also provide input to and otherwise support presentations for senior management. The nature of contacts will be primarily to gather and share information.
Typical office environment.
No strenuous physical activity, though occasional light lifting of files and related materials is required. 20% of time in meetings, working with team, or talking on the phone, 80% of the time at the desk on computer, doing analytical work. Occasional travel may be required. Travel includes airplane, automobile travel and overnight hotel.
EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related degree
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in sales, customer support or contract administration, and/or equivalent number of years of experience and education.
- Minimum two (2) years in a leadership role required
- Knowledge of the medical/surgical sales environment preferred
- Demonstrated experience with developing solid processes and data integrity Knowledge/Skills
- Familiar with a variety of concepts, practices, and procedures of field sales and distribution relationships preferred
- Highly analytical and detail-oriented thought processes. Attention to detail and highly accurate
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, and results-oriented environment
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong contract administration knowledge, including process improvements, techniques and concepts
- Ability to interact and communicate professionally and effectively with all levels of the organization
- Works well in a team environment and can lead, motivate and supervise individuals that require different levels of support
- Extensive computer skills: Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word; prior experience with Cognos, SalesForce, and CRM systems a plus
- Personal ethics and integrity that embodies the best practices and highest corporate values, with ability to handle confidential information ? Strong organizational skills with the ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter. Ability to work with minimal direction
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems