Contract Closeout Accountant
San Diego, California
Senior Contract Closeout Accountant – Defense – San Diego
Do you enjoy working on a diverse team with incredible leaders? This defense company is looking for their next Senior Contract Closeout Accountant. In this role, you will support the accounts receivable department with invoice preparation, contract closeout and canceling funds analysis. You will be a valuable resource to the business and an essential team member. This is a great opportunity to further your career, broaden your experience, be paid well, and enjoy your life in the process.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s in Accounting or a related field
- 6+ years of progressive accounting experience with a strong understanding of the contract closeout process
- Knowledge of FAS, CAS and FAR standards
- Skilled with ERP systems; SAP experience preferred
- A data-driven professional with attention to detail and customer-focused
What you'll do:
- Ensure accuracy of AR contract closeout activities and reports
- Resolve discrepancies with business leaders and clients
- Assist in audit preparation procedures
- Handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality at all times and
- Work cross-functionally and participate in ad-hoc projects as assigned
Why work here?
- Executive visibility and the opportunity to work cross-functionally
- Stable work environment established and growing industry leader
- Excellent compensation and benefits with a blend of work/life balance
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have the requisite experience and a desire to contribute to one of San Diego’s leading defense companies!
NOTE: We actively support and promote people of various backgrounds, from race, religion and gender to geographical area, university, lifestyle and personality type. Proven Recruiting is minority-owned, majority women, and is a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion in the broader community.