Controller – Hybrid (Uptown Dallas)
This leading aviation company is offering you the unique opportunity to hone in your analytic and leadership skills in our pioneering company. They’re looking for a strong candidate who has a strong background in financial reporting for a complex, global asset management or investment management business, with preferred experience in aviation or transportation assets.
What you’ll do:
- Direct and oversee accounting and financial reporting according to U.S. GAAP and IFRS.
- Manage quarterly reporting to investors, including financial statements and supplemental reports.
- Work with the Tax Department and CFO on tax planning and strategy.
- Manage the capital call and distribution process, including tax withholdings and investor notification.
- Lead audits for over 100 entities in private funds.
- Oversee the valuation process for the fund’s portfolio.
- Develop and improve internal and external reports.
Who you are:
- Minimum 15 years of relevant accounting experience (knowledge of U.S. GAAP and IFRS)
- At least 5 years in a Controller or similar role
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance (CPA preferred)
- Public accounting experience at a Big-4 accounting firm
- Experience with multi-entity, complex, global ownership and consolidation accounting
- Background in aviation, investment management, or specialty finance strongly preferred
Why work here?
- Inspiring management: people work for people – and these are great people to work for. You’ll have the resources and support to grow in this role and learn from your superiors.
- Growth / Experience: Room to transition into a more senior role, as well gaining valuable and transferable experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Hybrid schedule. Experience the flexibility to work alongside your time twice a week and from home the rest.
What to do now:
Please send your resume to Antonia Carafi at firstname.lastname@example.org – we’d love to hear from you!
What does this position pay?
Compensation is determined by several factors which may include skillset, experience level, and geographic location.
The expected range for this role is $225,000 to $290,000 per year. Please note this range is an estimate and actual pay may vary based on qualifications and experience.