Controller – Life Sciences industry
Los Angeles, California
Our client is a fast-growing company in the life sciences industry who is looking for a Controller with a proven track record of managing teams, building out procedures, and streamlining current processes. This is an opportunity to really make an impact at a public company whose on the cusp of becoming a very large company due to the tremendous growth they're having.
What you'll do:
- Manage the overall function of the accounting department while also assisting the SVP of Finance and CFO with ad-hoc financial analyses requests.
- Invest into the accounting team's development from a technical and operational perspective.
- Analyze the current procedures, systems, and work flow to determine areas of improvement or overhaul. Create remediation plans and execute.
- Ensure established close deadlines are met and monthly/annual reporting packages and budgets are submitted on a timely basis.
- Coordinate annual capital and operating budget preparation with CFO.
- Identity/anticipate changes in industry best practices and recommend opportunities for implementing practical improvements.
Who you are:
- 10+ years of progressive experience in accounting for public companies
- Significant experience in life sciences industry (medical device, biotechnology, healthcare)
- CPA required
- Prior public accounting experience highly preferred
- Strong people management skills; ideally, acted as a Controller/Director of Accounting with a team of at least 5 reporting to you
- Motivated to create and build in a scaling environment; knack for developing processes and navigating systems
Why work here:
- Company is growing by more than 50% year over year
- Opportunity to have ownership over the department and leave your mark
- Comprehensive compensation and benefits including 401K match up to 6% and employee stock purchase plan
What does this position pay?
Compensation is determined by several factors which may include skillset, experience level, and geographic location.
The expected range for this role is $180,000 to $235,000 per year. Please note this range is an estimate and actual pay may vary based on qualifications and experience.
If your experience meets the above requirements and you're ready to take the next step in your career, please send your resume to Marissa at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We actively support and promote people of various backgrounds, from race, religion and gender to geographical area, university, lifestyle and personality type. Proven Recruiting is minority-owned and is a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion in the broader community. Apply now!