San Diego, CA
Corporate Controller – Public, Manufacturing Company – $150K-$165K DOE
Are you a team player with a genuine enthusiasm for your work? We’re looking for a skilled Corporate Controller with 7+ years of experience to complement this company’s well-established team of accountants. You’ll be working closely with the CFO to improve procedures and policies as well as work with the integration of a recent acquisition. Strong leadership skills and high attention to detail are assets we are looking for. Don’t pass up this opportunity to leave your mark on this people-first company. Apply today!
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field. CPA required.
- 3-5+ years of experience working in public accounting, and 2-4+ years of experience working within a publicly traded company.
- SEC reporting experience and experience with SOX compliance.
- Sound knowledge of ERP systems and system implementation experience strongly preferred.
What you'll do:
- Oversee the monthly financial close including consolidation of financials, reviewing reports, and performing variance analysis.
- Prepare the 10K, 10Q, and other SEC filings.
- Develop and mentor the accounting team.
- Collaborate with external auditors to assist with requests for the annual audit.
- Perform research on new accounting pronouncements and guidance, and communicate findings to the accounting team.
- Maintain and document internal controls in compliance with SOX.
Why work here:
- Inspiring management: People work for people – and these are great people to work for. You’ll have the resources and support to grow in this role and learn from your superiors.
- Stable and established work environment: Perfect for someone looking to lay down roots with a company.
- Strong focus on personal and professional growth: This company believes in supporting you in all aspects of your life, and they offer specific programs to help you integrate these various elements.