San Diego, California
The Manager of DevOps is accountable for leading team members, production, development, and the testing environments of the company’s server infrastructure. Responsibilities on these systems include but are not limited to engineering, deployment, provisioning, and maintenance of the server infrastructure, as well as research and development to ensure continual innovation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Technical abilities at level of Lead DevOps Engineer
• Running scrum, working sessions, and daily stand up meetings
• Write documentation, and perform architectural reviews
• Experience in AWS and on-premises infrastructure
• Lead transformation projects for cross team implementation work, in particular around docker containers and Kubernetes
• Coach teams on processes and practices. Assist director with roadmap planning and development goals. Anticipate and manage technology evolution and map to business solutions.
• Regular 1:1 meeting with your team. People management skills a must.
• Have worked closely with full Product Teams (Product Managers, Tech Leads, Engineering Managers, and Operations roles)
• Experience in engineering project management, able to lead team projects, including routine updates and communication to upper management
Education, Experience and Skills
• Transformation Strategy, approach, and planning.
• 4 + years of progressive DevOps engineering experience
• 4 + years of SRE or DevOps experience in Nginx / Apache and Tomcat /Java.
• 5 + Experience in Linux systems administration / Systems engineering OR
• 5 + Experience in Windows systems administration / Systems engineering.
• Strong hands-on technical experience, knowledge, and understanding of AWS is required
• 4 + years’ experience working with virtualization technologies such as VMWare (optional)
• Experience with logging technologies such as ELK and Splunk
• Infrastructure automation with CloudFormation or Terraform
• System build configuration automation using one of Chef, Ansible, Puppet.
• Mastered scripting skills in one of Ruby/Bash/Python.
• Build and release automation tools: Jenkins, GIT, Docker, Kubernetes.
• Production system integration, log collection and analysis, builds and performance monitoring/tuning.
• Knowledge of FinOps and cost management concepts for Public Cloud