Director of Accounting
Los Angeles, California
Director of Accounting – Los Angeles
Are you wanting to work for an industry leader, interface with other smart internal and external technical accountants, and help shape the future of a dynamic, fast-growing, and profitable company? In this role, you will report directly to the Global VP of Accounting and be responsible for providing technical accounting guidance as well as support operational accounting that is led by a former Big4 Senior Manager. Do not miss the chance to contribute to an outstanding team and culture, and to help advance the growth and direction of a quickly innovating, well-respected company. Apply today!
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance with a CPA
- Master’s in Accounting or Tax or an MBA a plus
- 8+ years of public accounting experience preferably in Big4 including large multi-national clients with technical accounting issues (e.g. Revenue Recognition, Lease Accounting, IFRS, Consolidations, Fair Value, etc.)
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work through complex situations in a constructive way
What you’ll do:
- Lead accounting operations from a technical accounting perspective to ensure proper accounting for complicated topics such as revenue recognition, fair value, leasing, derivatives and hedging, IFRS, and other areas
- Provide white papers and summaries for management, business leaders, and external auditors to support conclusions
- Document and communicate policies to team members to help ensure adherence to GAAP
- Review agreements and contracts to ensure systems and results reflect current guidance
- Manage outsourced functions and maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Inform management of potential impacts of new accounting rules on financial results
- Support operational accounting group as time permits and as appropriate
Why work here:
- People / Atmosphere: Work with a welcoming and collaborative team with a drive for success
- Impact: Influence the team and results. We value your voice and look forward to your contributions.
- Environment: State of the art facilities with awesome food, drink, and work-out facilities
- Compensation: Aggressive compensation package with excellent benefits
Note: Proven actively supports and promotes people of various backgrounds, from race, religion and gender to geographical area, university, lifestyle, and personality type. Proven Recruiting is minority-owned, majority women, and is a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion in the broader community. Do not hesitate to apply now.
Please email your resume to Connor Lasken at email@example.com if you think you are a good fit for the role. Thanks in advance for your interest.