Director of Accounting
Los Angeles, California
Top Global REIT in Los Angeles! Opportunity to get name brand recognition and learn from real estate industry leaders! This Director of Accounting will be responsible for overseeing all accounting and financial reporting functions for the real estate assets within the assigned portfolio, including supervision and leadership of staff.
What your day looks like:
- Oversee preparation of and approve final reporting packages to meet investor requirements on monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of all month and quarter end closing processes
- Onboard newly acquired assets for setting up of financial reporting
- Review and approve monthly financial packages to Fund Accounting group(s)
- Establish and support standard practices and procedures for all record keeping and reporting to ensure compliance with internal and GAAP standards
- Monitor and ensure proper record keeping for all Capital Expenditures
- Complete and review all CAM and Tax/Insurance reconciliations/estimates.
- Assist in fund and asset level audits as necessary
- Works with Construction Accounting to manage job-costing process
- Acts as point of escalation and support to ensure external departments understand policies and procedures for accounting and are following same.
What you bring:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Related Field
- CPA preferred
- 7 to 10 years of full-cycle/property accounting experience
- Effective management style and experience
- REIT reporting experience a plus
- Thorough understanding of US GAAP
- Ability to perform percentages, ratios, discounts, volume, graphs, proportions, frequency, statistic, analysis of variance and other such functions related to performing the Accounting role.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call at (213) 817-7908 for consideration!
We actively support and promote people of various backgrounds, from race, religion and gender to geographical area, university, lifestyle and personality type. Proven Recruiting is minority-owned and a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion in the broader community. Do not hesitate to apply now!