Director of Accounting – Fortune 500
Highly technical and unique role for industry leader and Fortune 500! Reporting to the VP Finance/Controller and working on special projects for the CFO!
Ready to join a progressive team who values and fosters a positive culture/environment? In this newly created role you will be positioned in a highly visible and critical role for the organization as they grow through major acquisitions as well as organically. Surrounded by A-players with proven track records, be prepared to learn from some of the best of the best.
*Based near Pinehurst, North Carolina, but flexibility to travel to Los Angeles occasionally needed.
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field
- 8+ Years of Big 4 assurance experience or a combination of Big 4 and industry experience
- CPA Required
- Working knowledge of the financial services industry required
- Well rounded accounting understanding in areas such as SOX, SEC regulations, XBRL, U.S. GAAP, financial reporting, and accounting matters
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
What you'll do:
- Work alongside the VP Finance/Controller and CFO to manage core financial operations, financial reporting, and ad-hoc complex accounting transactions
- Ensure timely identification and compliance with evolving accounting guidance, provide US GAAP interpretation and prepare technical memorandums that document issues in a clear, logical and comprehensive yet concise manner
- Develop roadmaps for implementing/improving processes for operational accounting and month-end close
- Assist SEC reporting as needed, understanding the continued complex and growing SEC reporting landscape
- Review various schedules and reports for internal users and external auditors, and assist in the audit of financial statements and related footnotes.
Why work here:
- You will have the opportunity to work with some of the brightest and most talented individuals in the industry and with a Fortune 500!
- Great culture with a good sense of work life balance. Pride themselves on cohesion and teamwork
- Competitive compensation and overall package