Director of Financial Reporting and Technical Accounting
Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex, Texas
Director of Financial Reporting and Technical Accounting:
It's not every day you have the opportunity to join a world class culture. This is a company well known for work hard / play hard vibes and also one that respects the flexibility many of us need in life. Your extensive SEC experience will allow you to thrive in this fast-paced role. If you’re a strong Manager looking to join a high powered team, apply now.
What you’ll do:
- Manages the preparation of the consolidated financial statement process
- Prepares technical accounting memos related to business acquisitions, control assessments, fair value measurements, impairment testing, etc.
- Assist the VP with the preparation of periodic filing for quarterly and annual SEC requirements, registration statements, and financial statements
- Works with the external public accountants in planning and executing audits and reviews
- Leads the implementation of new accounting pronouncements and policies while ensuring requisite system changes are completed timely to support future requirements
- Researches and resolves day-to-day financial reporting issues and assists with the resolution of significant, complex, and/or unusual transactions to ensure proper application of GAAP reporting requirements
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- CPA required
- 5+ years progressive accounting experience including public accounting
- Strong technical accounting skills in GAAP and public company reporting requirements
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- Possesses a high level of critical thinking
Why work here?
- Excellent benefits package
- 401k match
- Casual dress code: This company cares more about how you perform than what you wear
- Free perks related to the business
- High-growth environment: this company is rapidly expanding and is looking for people who can grow with them.
What to do now:
Please send your resume to Carly Zuckerman at firstname.lastname@example.org- we'd love to hear from you!
We actively support and promote people of various backgrounds, from race, religion and gender to geographical area, university, lifestyle and personality type. Proven Recruiting is minority-owned, majority women, and is a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion in the broader community. Do not hesitate to apply now!