Director of Technical Accounting
Los Angeles, California
Director Technical Accounting, Fortune 200- Los Angeles, CA
A leading global publicly traded firm is looking to hire a Sr. Manager or Director of Technical Accounting. This role will work directly with the VP and have significant exposure to C Level Exec. as well as the Corporate Development team. In this role, you will be responsible for implementing new accounting standards, contributing to the company’s accounting policies, and performing complex technical accounting assessment. Some of the areas of focus will be; Business combinations, consolidation accounting, investment accounting, impairment analyses, revenue recognition, lease accounting and compensation accounting.
HYBRID FLEXIBLE ROLE
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Financial Engineering, Data Science or equivalent
- 12+ years of relevant experience heavily focused on Technical Accounting in a larger public organization; Public Accounting or a combination of Public Accounting and Industry experience
- Overall understanding and experience in application of US GAAP and SEC financial reporting requirements including financial statements and financial statement footnotes
- Ability to forecast and prepare budgets
- Experience in technical accounting research and assessments. Strong experience in mergers & acquisitions accounting a must
- Experience working with Global Organizations
- CPA is required
- Strong analytical and problem resolution skills, including the ability to research and simplify complex situations.
- Ability to independently research complex accounting transactions/issues.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex financial information and transactions and accounting principles
What You’ll Do:
- Primarily support the complete mergers and acquisitions cycle, from pre-deal due diligence through integration and business combination accounting / purchase accounting (ASC 805)
- Research technical accounting matters and prepare well-written memorandums and presentations articulating these matters, including Revenue Recognition, Impairment Analyses, Fair Value Accounting, Lease Accounting, and VIE/Consolidation Analyses, Stock-based compensation accounting, Investment Accounting, Segment Reporting, and other significant/unusual transactions
- Work closely with the business., Corporate Development team and various members of the Global Finance team in performing complex accounting analyses and report to Vice President, SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting
- Identify, scope evaluate and implement new and evolving ASUs and/or SEC requirements impact
- Mentor and coach team members to further develop competencies
Why Work Here:
- Surround yourself with industry leaders who have a passion for what they do, are driven, and motivated to succeed!
- Work for one of the most notable leaders in their industry, with a global presence.
- Be at a place where you can grow internally and as a person – say goodbye to stagnation!
- Excellent comp and benefits package.
What does this position pay?
Compensation is determined by several factors which may include skillset, experience level, and geographic location.
The expected range for this role is $185,000 to $225,000 per year. Please note this range is an estimate and actual pay may vary based on qualifications and experience.
If this opportunity sounds like something you would excel in and are qualified for, then please send your resume to Phooshim@provenrecruiting.com for confidential consideration. We actively support and promote people of various backgrounds, from race, religion and gender to geographical area, university, lifestyle and personality type. Proven is a minority-owned business and is a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion in the broader community. Apply now!