Director of Technical Accounting: Global Tech/Entertainment leader
Los Angeles, California
Director of Technical Accounting – $220-260K
Routinely voted as one of the best places to work in Los Angeles, this tech/entertainment company is seeking creative + intelligent individuals who are wired to continuously sharpen their skills and think outside of the box. If you’re looking for somewhere to invest your next 5+ years in, consider this opportunity in a crucial leadership role where you’ll oversee a large technical accounting team as well as lead the build-out of some newly created teams within other areas of the accounting department. You’ll tackle the company’s most complex technical accounting issues and act as an advisor on accounting compliance across departments and offices! This mostly ex-Big 4 team is looking for a leader who has equally strong IQ and EQ, with the ability to break down complicated concepts and work with both technical and non-technical business partners. Read more below!
*Hybrid in-office/remote work environment*
Who you are:
- 12+ years of progressive experience in a Big 4 Assurance role; Or, a combination of Big 4 assurance and a senior leadership position in corporate accounting; technology of entertainment experience highly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- Active CPA license
- Strong technical proficiency with US GAAP and IFRS; ability to manage complex accounting research
- Expert knowledge of internal controls as well as the documentation and testing of key cycles, processes and controls
- Experience working in a ever evolving environment with multiple business lines and products/services
- High level of understanding and ability to apply technical accounting, financial reporting, and internal audit standards
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in order to collaborate on a wide range of strategic initiatives
- Strong project management skills in order to manage multiple large projects at a time, ensuring processes are followed and deadlines are met
- Experience with reviewing complex legal contracts and evaluating business, operational and accounting implications
What you’ll do:
- Research and analyze considerations for complex accounting topics such as leasing, business combinations, segment reporting, goodwill/intangible assets, derivative transactions, capitalization, related party transactions and consolidation
- Ensure the appropriate accounting conclusions are reached on a timely basis for transactions as well as manage the research and documentation for new, proposed transactions
- Develop and maintain the Company’s accounting policies, including implementation of new policies and best practices
- Proactively monitor and interpret emerging accounting pronouncements according to US GAAP and IFRS standards to assess financial statement and operational impact
- Review documents, including contracts, to identify accounting issues and propose solutions or alternatives
- Execute operational audits from understanding business processes and underlying in-scope financial applications and systems, to conducting interviews and process walkthroughs, and performing audit procedures to assess the operational compliance and effectiveness of key business processes
- Evaluate the significance of audit findings, make practical recommendations and collaborate with key stakeholders on remediation action plans
- Continually evaluate and identify opportunities to act in an advisory role with key business partners
Why work here:
- People: work with other top-notch accounting professionals who have a passion for accounting, for people and for their product!
- Environment: work on an outstanding campus where works meets creativity & fun to make your day more enjoyable!
- Compensation: we offer a very competitive package that rewards you in the short, medium and long-term!
Note: Proven actively supports and promotes people of various backgrounds, from race, religion and gender to geographical area, university, lifestyle, and personality type. Proven Recruiting is minority-owned and is a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion in the broader community.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have the requisite skills and are interested in being considered!