Director / Sr. Director of Tax
Los Angeles, California
Tax Director or Sr. Tax Director – Global Public Real Estate Brokerage
Do you love your job?! You would if you worked for our client – a notable leader in the services industry. Join an energetic team with a collaborative environment as the new Tax Director or Sr. Director of Tax. Not to mention a strong focus on a healthy work lifestyle in a prestigious tax role!
You’ll be reporting directly to the Chief Accounting Officer while overseeing 2 Managers/Sr. Managers and supervising project management of external tax consultants.
What You'll Do:
- Plan and provide technical support for domestic and international tax matters, including acting as project manager or tax lead on cross functional projects including tax due diligence on M&A activities
- Manage sales, use and property tax reporting, VAT and other non-income tax issues
- Manage and implement tax reporting, compliance and accounting policies as well as all tax audits, assessments and requests for information
- Strategic planning for intercompany transactions, including drafting and maintaining intercompany agreements and support of transfer pricing business model
- Advise senior management of the business impact of new tax laws and related income tax regulations, court decisions and proposed tax legislation.
- Ensure timely and accurate quarterly tax provisions, develop and maintain domestic and international tax provisions, ensuring compliance with all tax jurisdictions
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Econ, Business, or other Finance related field
- 8-12 + years of previous Tax experience with a larger Publicly traded organization
- CPA or MBT highly preferred
- Big 4 or Industry experience in FS, Real-Estate, or Service Provider industry preferred, but no mandatory
- Strong working knowledge of ASC 740, Tax Compliance, and Transfer Pricing
- Experience with federal income taxation of international transactions or operations
- Ability to research complex tax issues and provide viable solutions and remediation
Why Work Here:
- Stable & Established: Stellar opportunity for someone looking to lay down roots with industry leaders!
- Collaborative Environment: Work directly with C-Suite individuals while being the head of the Tax Department and leveraging the unique skills of each worker.
- Culture is Key: Work with a welcoming team with a drive for success. You’ll always have your voice heard and can wear many hats!
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for confidential consideration.