Director Technical Accounting – Commercial Real Estate
Los Angeles , California
Director of Technical Accounting – Fortune 500
We’re partnering with a leading real estate company in Los Angeles to help grow their technical accounting team. If you've had past Big 4/Top 10 public accounting and significant technical accounting experience in industry, consider applying here. You'll be a leader within the organization and have a heavy influence on any improvements and strategies within the team!
*This is not a fully remote role – will be applying a hybrid schedule*
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- 10+ years of public accounting experience and industry experience with global companies
- Strong technical accounting and M&A experience
- Ability to calculate complex figures and forecast and prepare budgets
- Understand, research, and analyze financial information, transactions, and accounting principles
- Strong understanding of SOX, U.S. GAAP, financial reporting, and accounting matters
- Knowledge of real estate service industry and terminology is an added bonus
- Ability to work efficiently, both independently and across different teams and departments, while providing effective solutions for complex accounting/transaction issues
- Highly advanced analytical and quantitative skills
- CPA is required
What You’ll Do:
- Work alongside the Global Finance team to perform complex accounting analyses
- Conduct in-depth research on technical accounting matters and execute detailed presentations and memorandums to communicate these matters; some areas include:
- Revenue Recognition
- Impairment Analyses
- Fair Value Accounting
- Lease Accounting
- Stock-based Compensation
- Investment Accounting
- Implement new ASUs and/or SEC requirements
- Review contracts and expand on accounting consequences of potential transactions, as well as the development of process and system changes
- Assist with all improvements on system efficiencies and business practices
- Confirm compliance with internal control policies
- Collaborate with external auditors to ensure successful audit results and compliance.
- Provide support to individual employees within single functional or operational area
- Manage recommendations for staff recruitment, promotions, corrective action, termination, overtime, etc.
- Provide mentorship and coaching for professional development growth
Why Work Here:
- Mentorship Matters: An opportunity where you will maximize your current skill set, while leveraging the knowledge of superiors for both personal and professional growth1
- High-Growth Environment: This company is rapidly expanding and is looking for people who can grow with them!
- Collaborative Culture: Fostering a fun, open culture factors into every decision and business evaluation – wake up ready and excited to go into work!
If you meet the above requirements, please send your resume to email@example.com for confidential consideration.
We actively support and promote people of various backgrounds, from race, religion and gender to geographical area, university, lifestyle and personality type. Proven Recruiting is minority-owned and is a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion in the broader community. Apply now!