Entertainment industry: Senior Manager of Accounting
Los Angeles, California
Want to work for an industry leader and help shape the future of a dynamic and purpose-driven tech/entertainment company? In this role, you will help lead an exciting new entertainment division and be responsible for setting up a solid foundation of accounting operations for their growth for years to come. Do not miss the chance to contribute to an outstanding team and culture, and to help advance this company's influence and global reach. Apply today!
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA highly preferred
- 10+ years of experience in Big4 and industry within the entertainment (Film, TV, Music, Distribution) field
- Working experience with film cost production accounting
- Led teams in accounting operations, month-end close, and financial reporting; adherence to US GAAP
What you’ll do:
- Alongside the Director of Accounting, strategically develop accounting operations and oversee general ledger responsibilities for a new entertainment division
- Manage the month end close and ensure reporting is accurate and completed for executive management
- Manage participations and residuals
- Oversee system design and implementation, working with the TechOps team to build an efficient system and process
- Be the subject matter expert during complex transactions by correctly implementing accounting policies
- Continuously recommend improvements to operations through highlighting reports and performance metrics
- Mentor and train a high performing team who can grow with the organization
Why work here:
- People / Atmosphere: Work with a welcoming and collaborative team with a drive for success
- Impact: Influence the team and results. We value your voice and look forward to your contributions.
- Environment: State of the art facilities with awesome food, drink, and work-out facilities
- Compensation: Competitive compensation package with excellent benefits
Note: Proven actively supports and promotes people of various backgrounds, from race, religion and gender to geographical area, university, lifestyle, and personality type. Proven Recruiting is minority-owned and is a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion in the broader community. Do not hesitate to apply now.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org if you think you are a good fit for the role. Thanks in advance for your interest.