Los Angeles, California
Our client, a Fortune 500, is hiring an ESG Controller in a newly created position tasked with designing and implementing the environmental, social, and governance financial reporting procedures. You'll also oversee ESG disclosures within SEC filings and other reports. This is a critical role for the organization that works cross-functionally on a global scale. The ideal candidate will come from a large, publicly traded company in a regulatory focused ESG leadership role or is a current Senior Manager/Director/Principal in a Big 4 assurance or advisory group with significant ESG reporting knowledge.
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- CPA license or equivalent highly preferred
- 10+ years of experience working with SEC financial reporting requirements and thorough knowledge of ESG reporting frameworks
- Ideally coming from a large global company or global public accounting firm
- Strong project management skills and ability to work both independently and collaboratively
What you'll do:
- Lead the design and execution of ESG financial reporting processes in compliance with SEC and other regulatory frameworks
- Oversee the preparation and reviewed of ESG disclosures
- Collaborate with various departments on ESG matters, acting as a subject matter expert
- Refine the data collection and analysis methods for ESG data, identifying improvements, providing solutions, and executing on them
- Present updates to senior management on a regular basis
- Assist in providing requested information from internal and external auditors
Why work here:
- Pave the road for ESG reporting at a global Fortune 500
- Competitive compensation and growth opportunities internally, financially and professionally
- Surround yourself with A-players and learn tremendously from them
What does this position pay?
Compensation is determined by several factors which may include skillset, experience level, and geographic location.
The expected range for this role is $230,000 to $270,000 base salary per year. Please note this range is an estimate and actual pay may vary based on qualifications and experience.