Field Service Technician (Boise)
Under direct supervision, performs client-site servicing, repair and/or installation of company product(s). This job may include any aspect of product field support, including system hardware and software, and systems networking.
- Services equipment and/or products at customer sites or service center to include, all contracted preventative maintenance, unscheduled maintenance, consumable changes, installations and start-ups.
- Ability to interpret operation manuals to determine root cause of tool failures.
- Provides documentation of preventative maintenance, down time, issues and time spent preparing reports for product movement and justification for on-site service. Must show proficiency with using customers system.
- Perform preventive maintenance with little supervision.
- Ordering, expedition and notifying customers or management when replacement of product is necessary.
- Diagnoses mechanical, hardware, software and systems failures using service maintenance checklist and protocols.
- Comply with Finesse training for proper maintenance of parts usage and transactions.
- Complies with the company’s safety policies, including participation in and completion of all required safety training.
- Maintains clean and safe working environment compliant with the company and customer safety policies.
- The ability to lift 35 lbs. unassisted from the floor to waist level.
- The ability to read and work from electrical and mechanical schematics and diagrams.
- The ability to perform the identified essential functions of the classification, including the operation of any machinery and/or equipment that is associated with performing the essential functions.
- The ability to perform the essential functions of the position in a cross cultural, demanding and dynamic environment.
- The ability to perform the essential functions of the position without posing a direct threat of harm to him/herself, others or property.
- The ability to adhere to the company’s personnel policies and practices, including the attendance and punctuality requirements.
- The ability to work well under pressure, meet multiple and sometimes competing deadlines, and at all times demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors.
- High School or AS Associate of Science degree in Electronics or completion of accredited basic electronics program or equivalent experience.
- Preferred: Four (4) to Six (6) years of work related experience, preferably in the semiconductor industry.
- Working knowledge of mechanical skills. Working knowledge of principles of semiconductor and/or vacuum technology.
- Strong Customer Relations skills.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot down to a component level.
- Working knowledge of computer systems including software packages such as Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer.
- Strong relationship building skills with ability to collaborate and work effectively with internal colleagues and customer.
- Demonstrated teamwork skills. Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Provide verification of good driving record if servicing customer offsite.