Freight Cost Specialist – Fortune 500 Company
El Segundo, California
Freight Cost Specialist or Manager
Come join a public, Fortune 500 company as their Freight Cost Specialist! The ideal candidate is passionate about all things Accounting with strong analytical abilities, as well as a passion and desire to learn and grow in this newly created role.
The Freight Cost Specialist will have in-depth knowledge of the different freight platforms, while working closely with the Finance department. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to managing shipment content – including costs, contracts, billings, estimates, etc.
What You’ll Do:
- Gain a complete understanding of the company’s freight costs
- Manage related freight contracts, while reviewing and confirming ongoing billings
- Develop and report freight metrics
- Utilize freight data, costs and metrics to develop a pricing model to be used for freight quotes to customers
- Pursue cost savings opportunities
- Assist in providing data for sales cut off accounting entries and potential software solutions for freight cost management
- Determine accuracy of freight estimates used for daily management reporting
- Validate accuracy of month end freight accruals
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or relevant field
- Experience dealing with third party contracts
- Preferably comes from a firm that outsources its shipping
- Excellent customer service abilities, with a self-starter, go getter attitude
- Ability to multi-task and manage a heavy volume workload with tight deadlines
- Must have strong analytical skills
If your experience aligns with the above requirements, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We actively support and promote people of various backgrounds, from race, religion and gender to geographical area, university, lifestyle and personality type. Proven Recruiting is minority-owned, and is a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion in the broader community. Do not hesitate to apply now!