Gene Therapy Manufacturing Director
San Diego, California
Director, Gene Therapy
If cutting edge biotech research is your priority – you’ve found your match. This first-of-its-kind manufacturing company is looking to hire a talented and hardworking Director to create the next generation of gene therapy manufacturing processes and analytics. The ideal professional will have extensive experience with gene therapy CMC and cell line development, and a desire to lead and manage a team of highly technical individuals.
What you will do:
- Craft the vision and lead the successful implementation of novel gene therapy manufacturing processes improvements through new technology development.
- Provides guidance and hands-on experience (where necessary) in working with mammalian cell cultures in a variety of different bioreactors including 2D and 3D culture.
- Understands and implements innovative technologies to increase process development capabilities (e.g., miniaturized scale-down models, engineered cell lines, automated cell culture systems, inline sensors)
Who you are:
- PhD with 10+ years of gene therapy processing, scale-up, and analytical development
- 5+ years managing a team of scientists and optimizing lab methods and workflows
- Demonstrated experience with one or more vector manufacturing platforms (HEK293, SF9, Vero, Hela, suspension and adherent) and optimization approaches
- Knowledge of viral vector design (AAV, Lentivirus, Gamma retrovirus) and regulatory submission requirements
Why work here:
- Collaborative environment: this is a team-centric, culture-oriented company with a focus on
- leveraging the unique skills of each worker.
- Stock and equity options: this company wants you to feel a sense of ownership – join their
- team and you’ll get a little chunk of the business!
- High-growth environment: this company is rapidly expanding and is looking for people who can grow with them.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to work alongside some of the finest professionals in the Biotech industry!
Note: We actively support and promote people of various backgrounds, from race, religion, gender to geographical area, university, lifestyle, and personality type. Proven Recruiting is minority-owned, majority women, and is a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion in the broader community. Apply today!