Genome Engineering Director
San Diego, California
Director, Genome Engineering
If cutting edge biotech research is your priority – you’ve found your match. This first-of-its-kind manufacturing company is looking to hire a talented and hardworking Director to help create the next generation of biomanufacturing platforms. The ideal professional will have extensive experience with cell engineering and genome engineering, and a desire to lead and manage a team of highly technical individuals.
What you will do:
- Craft the vision and lead the successful implementation of cutting-edge genome engineering technologies (CRISPR endonucleases, transposases, viral vectors)
- Deploy new and powerful cell engineering and genome engineering approaches to improve the production of cell and gene therapies.
- Define and prepare project & experimental plans with clear objectives, managed risks, and aligned timelines across the Platform R&D team and broader Resilience R&D organization
Who you are:
- PhD with 10+ years of genome engineering platform development skills
- Successful track record of developing innovative therapeutic platforms related cell or gene therapy, such as pre-clinical R&D, novel instrument design, or novel assay development
- 5+ years managing a team of scientists and optimizing lab methods and workflows
- 5+ years’ experience scaling up molecular biology assays to enable high-throughput, data-driven laboratory operations
- Knowledge of viral vector design (AAV, Lentivirus, Gamma retrovirus) and regulatory submission requirements
Why work here:
- Collaborative environment: this is a team-centric, culture-oriented company with a focus on
- leveraging the unique skills of each worker.
- Stock and equity options: this company wants you to feel a sense of ownership – join their
- team and you’ll get a little chunk of the business!
- High-growth environment: this company is rapidly expanding and is looking for people who can grow with them.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to work alongside some of the finest professionals in the Biotech industry!
Note: We actively support and promote people of various backgrounds, from race, religion, gender to geographical area, university, lifestyle, and personality type. Proven Recruiting is minority-owned, majority women, and is a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion in the broader community. Apply today!