Grants and Contracts Specialist
San Diego, CA
Junior/Senior Grants and Contracts Specialist, Salary is $50K-75K.
Are you looking for the next step in your career witihn Grant Writing and supporting NIH grants? We are looking for a self-starting critical thinker to join our team! If you can deliver outstanding customer service to our world-renown faculty while taking exceptional pride in your work then we want to hear from you. Title/position will be commensurate with experience.
Who you are:
- Seeking Bachelors degree and 5 years experience with NIH grant writing.
- Prior experience with submitting and managing federal contracts.
- Capacity to function purposefully and efficiently in deadline-driven situations
- Understand and follow rules, policies, and procedures
- Proficient computer and technology interface skills
- Able to follow directions from a supervisor, work productively, and stay engaged with a minimum amount of oversight
- Open to providing as well as receiving constructive criticism and feedback
- Excellent written and verbal communication preferred
What you will do:
- Pre-award administrative duties for grants and contracts submitted to U.S. Government Agencies (primarily NIH) and other public or private funding organizations.
- Assist Faculty, Instructors, and Postdoctoral Fellows in identifying prospective funding sources and appropriate funding mechanisms based on PI’s position and/or other eligibility requirements. This may include navigating Grants.gov, eRA Commons, Proposal Central, and other online portals.
- Provide guidance and timelines to Faculty, Instructors, and Postdoctoral Fellows regarding solicitation instructions and review proposal documents for conformity with sponsor guidelines.
- Respond to “Just-in-Time” requests from NIH as well as equivalent non-NIH requests/activations.
- Analyze the terms, conditions, and budget of award documents to identify potential problem areas. Provide top-tier support to all investigators when working with sponsors to resolve any questions or concerns of an administrative nature.
Why Work Here:
- Grow your career: you’ll have the room + support to transition into a Sr Grants and Contracts Specialist.
- Collaborative environment: this is a team-centric, culture-oriented company with a focus on leveraging the unique skills of each worker.
- Impact: Have a positive influence both as part of a lean team where your voice can be heard, as well as on the company as a whole
What does this position pay?
Compensation is determined by several factors which may include skillset, experience level, and geographic location.
The expected range for this role is $50-75K.
Please note this range is an estimate and actual pay may vary based on qualifications and experience.
Please email your resume to email@example.com if you’d like to work alongside some of the finest professionals in the pharmaceutical industry!
Note: We actively support and promote people of various backgrounds, from race, religion, gender to geographical area, university, lifestyle, and personality type. Proven Recruiting is minority-owned, majority women, and is a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion in the broader community. Apply today!
LinkedIn Twitter Facebook Yelp Google