Interim Accounting Manager / Controller
Interim Accounting Manager / Controller:
Have you ever wanted to be a part of something cutting edge? Something that is distributing an age-old industry? This is your chance! Our manufacturing/supply chain client is looking to for an Interim Accounting Manager / Controller to help build out their chart of accounts and get their books up and running. If you find that you could see yourself here long-term this could be the springboard to a permanent role. The ideal professional will have a strong background in Accounting and leadership and an eagerness to learn, grow, and lead.
What you’ll do:
- Build and maintain chart of accounts mapping, cross-validation rules, recurring journals, mass allocation, and financial statements.
- Build and maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Oversee cash management, general ledger, AR/Billing, Accounts Payable.
- Ensure the books are closed in a timely manner.
- Ensure that accounts receivable are collected promptly
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
- Manage the preparation of financial outlooks and financial forecasts
- Preparation on monthly cash flows
- Evaluating the effectiveness of accounting software and supporting database, as needed
- Direct financial audits and provide recommendations for procedural improvements
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA or MBA is preferred, but not required
- Experience with QuickBooks is highly preferred, but not required
- Strong communication, technology, analytical and management skills
- Previous experience working in a startup up would be beneficial but is not required
Why work here?
- Impact: Have a positive impact both as part of a lean team where your voice can be heard, as well as on the company as a whole. There's nothing like being involved from the ground-up.
- Inspiring management: people work for people – and these are great people to work for. You’ll have the resources and support to grow in this role and learn from your superiors.
- High–growth environment: this company is rapidly expanding and is looking for people who can grow with them.
- Flexible hours: Sometimes, life has to come first. Don’t worry about occasionally leaving early to pick up your kids or coming in late after a doctor's appointment.
What to do now:
Please send your resume to Megan Walker at email@example.com – we'd love to hear from you!
We actively support and promote people of various backgrounds, from race, religion and gender to geographical area, university, lifestyle and personality type. Proven Recruiting is minority-owned, majority women, and is a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion in the broader community. Do not hesitate to apply now!