Internal Audit Supervisor/Manager (no SOX!)
Los Angeles, CA
Unique role working directly with the Chief of Audit on critical Issues Management responsibilities! Work closely with the Chief as well as the VPs of this audit team, leading operational, compliance, and financial audits projects from start to finish. This is a high-visibility role with opportunity for promotion AVP, Audit Supervisor to VP, Audit Manager!
Who you are:
- Bachelor's in Finance, Accounting, or similar field
- 6+ years of public accounting and internal audit experience, preferably in the financial services sector
- CPA, CIA, or CAMS certification is required
What you’ll do:
- Prepares high level flowcharts or control narratives, risk assessment and audit program of the audit area/function/department to determine the nature of the operations and the existence of sufficient internal controls used to achieve established objectives and minimize the risk exposure.
- Review team members work and apply guidance to ensure proper conclusions within established time frames
- Develop audit staff by performing effective work paper review, preparing constructive performance evaluations and training
- Support management by generating various metrics reports for senior management and board level committees.
- Identify potential risk, including awareness of risks both within span of control as well as enterprise wide.
- Report results in an effective and timely basis, leading to appropriate remedial action and ongoing management of risk.
Why work here:
- Exposure to leadership: Unique role working closely with the Chief of Audit on special ad-hoc projects!
- Grow with the company: This is a growing organization and team; make your mark and be rewarded/promoted for it!
- Strong work/life balance and remote flexibility (1 day required in office a week)
Please send your resume to Marissa at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have the requisite qualifications and are interested in the opportunity.
We actively support and promote people of various backgrounds, from race, religion and gender to geographical area, university, lifestyle and personality type. Proven Recruiting is minority-owned and is a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion in the broader community. Apply now!