Internal Controls/Risk Business Partner – Exciting Social Media Company
New York, New York
Looking for an exciting company in the tech/entertainment industry? We are working with a leading social media company that celebrates diverse voices and bringing joy to people. This company is looking to hire a motivated and entrepreneurial Internal Controls/Risk Business Partner. This position will be located in New York going to the office on a hybrid schedule. If you are ready to show off skills and experience in a hard-working, fast-paced, company that cares about giving their users a fun and creativity outlet this is the role for you!
Who You Are:
- 6+ years of experience with internal controls
- 3+ years of supervisory experience from Big4 or e-commerce industry (Media, tech or entertainment companies are preferred)
- Ability to understand and identify enhancements and improvements to unfamiliar business processes with minimal background information, including the ability to formally document processes and related risks/controls/enhancements within flowcharts or process narratives
- Project management skills related to internal audit or process improvement initiatives (planning, fieldwork, documentation, remediation, etc.) to support execution of Internal Controls initiatives
- CIA, CISA, CPA or applicable certification preferred
What You'll Do:
- Be responsible for oversight of internal controls environment through a review of risk indicators and execution of risk-based controls assessments, including management of remediation of controls enhancements
- Manage process improvement initiatives to understand processes and opportunities to drive enhancements, resulting in cost-savings and efficiency improvements
- Lead projects focused on defining previously minimally or undefined processes through meeting with process owners, formally documenting processes, and identifying key risks and controls, along with areas for process enhancement or improvement
- Provide control guidance and insight to functional business partners in areas under development/change of business processes
Why Work Here:
- Inclusive work environment where employees are valued for their skills, unique perspectives, and creativity
- This company connects people from all over the globe
- Competitive compensation including base, bonus, and equity!
Does this spark your interest and want to learn more? Please send your resume to Ciaran at email@example.com for confidential consideration.
We actively support and promote people of various backgrounds, from race, religion and gender to geographical area, university, lifestyle and personality type. Proven Recruiting is minority-owned and is a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion in the broader community. Apply now!