Manager of Mechanical Engineering
Work Arrangement: Hybrid
- Manage and mentor the mechanical engineering team to optimize performance and engagement
- Hire and develop new talent to improve our capabilities, enhance our capacity, and execute on product development opportunities
- Collaborate effectively with other managers and throughout the company to achieve overall goals using shared resources
- Enlist all associates in the commitment to excellence by communicating appropriate business information in a timely manner and conducting regular team meetings
- Ensure all associates are trained to perform required work in a safe manner and with high quality
- Maintain and effectively prioritize cross-training plans
- Work collaboratively to develop and design new products in a fast-paced cross-functional environment.
- Drive for continuous improvement and use of standard work with respect to innovation, design, delivery, and execution.
- Prioritize, coordinate, and assign activities to the mechanical engineering team.
- Clear examples of working on AND leading mechanical design projects that were completed on time, within cost targets and achieved market success
- Define mechanical deliverables for all sustaining activities working with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Proven track record and expertise in mechanical design of relevant products (submersible electro-mechanical systems, high-pressure seal design, instrument design, sensor calibration, optics, integrated systems)
- Expert-level understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) and Design for Reliability tools, including DFMEA.
- Proficiency with CAD (SolidWorks), Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) modeling, stress and thermal analysis using finite element software, and manufacturing processes
- Champions product safety and reliability for mechanical systems and components.
- Provide interpretation, guidance and strategies on technologies and methodologies affecting product approvals, development, and continued product compliance.
- Assure the accuracy, clarity, internal integrity, consistency, and timeliness of all technical information submitted.
- Bachelor of Science (BS) or equivalent in mechanical engineering or related field from an accredited university, Masters degree preferred
- 5+ years of relevant industry/academia experience
- 3+ years of organizational leadership experience with a demonstrated ability to organize, lead, and grow an engineering organization of 5+ engineers with a wide range of skill and experience
- Knowledge of ocean sciences or related underwater industries and experience with engineering challenges for products designed for use in the marine-environment strongly preferred