Manager of Technical Accounting & SEC Reporting
Santa Monica, California
Manager, SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting
Are you looking to take on a new challenge and join a renowned, industry leading Global Entertainment/Tech company? We are working with a rapidly growing, publicly traded company in Los Angles for their next SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting Manager!
The ideal candidate has experience with research, implementation, and maintaining accounting policies while also overseeing new revenue recognition processes in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. Don’t miss the chance to work in an outstanding culture and contribute to the growth and direction of a global industry leader who is always innovating!
What you’ll do:
- Be a subject matter expert on technical accounting to help ensure technical accounting issues are properly identified and accounted for in accordance with GAAP
- Lead & prepare quarterly SEC filings
- preparation of 10-K/Q MD&A discussion
- Analyze and report findings to C-level executives including CFO, Operations, CEO among other Stakeholders
- Review and document the company’s ongoing analyses for key revenue recognition assumptions and conclusions
- Work in partnership with Technical Accounting Manager to develop GAAP forecast and the Senior Accountant to manage company-wide bonus program
- Maintain, update, and evaluate current policies and procedures based on new accounting pronouncements
- Work cross functionally with different business units to provide support and guidance for potential new business models and revenue streams
- Own and present the analysis of forecasted GAAP guidance as well as the actual results
- Train any business, accounting, or finance teams on existing and updated accounting standards to ensure processes are streamlined
- Have fun and be part of a diverse global industry leader!
Who you are:
- 7+ years of experience (Big 4/Top 10 experience or public + industry at a Sr. Manager level )
- Strong technical accounting knowledge of US GAAP especially in revenue recognition (ASC 606), technical research, and SEC reporting experience
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills and ability to work in a collaborative team environment while delivering on individual goals
- BS in Accounting or Finance, and CPA highly preferred
- Experience working in the entertainment, media, or technology industries preferred
- Experience with stock-based compensation added bonus
- Ability to drive change and lead a team in a multifaceted and dynamic environment
Why work here?
- Public company with global recognition: THIS company is leading the industry with their progressive and innovative work
- Stable and established organization: PERFECT for someone looking to lay down roots within a company and grow for the long-term
- Collaborative environment: THIS is a team-centric, culture-oriented company with a focus on leveraging the unique skills of each associate
- Top caliber talent with progressive mindset: JOIN a team consisting of high performing individuals coming from the Big 4, Fortune 500’s, and other reputable firms
- Strong benefits package, food, snacks, and casual work environment: this company cares about your health, wellness, and happiness in and out of the office!
If you meet the qualifications above, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for confidential consideration.
We actively support and promote people of various backgrounds, from race, religion and gender to geographical area, university, lifestyle, and personality type. Proven Recruiting is minority-owned, and is a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion in the broader community. Do not hesitate to apply now!