Manager/Senior Manager of Technical Accounting
San Diego, California
Senior Manager of Accounting – Revenue and Technical Accounting – San Diego
This is your chance to join a high profile San Diego based company as the leader of technical revenue accounting. Manage and mentor a team of highly-experienced former public accountants in this project based technical role
What You’ll Do:
- Manage ASC 606 revenue recognition treatment as well as other complex guidelines tied to US GAAP.
- Contribute to month end closing and analysis for monthly/quarterly financial reporting.
- Oversee external auditing and help advise SOX compliance efforts.
- Work with various department leaders throughout the organization to comply with appropriate standards.
- Provide various technical accounting guidance and research.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's in Accounting, Finance or related field with CPA License.
- 8+ years of accounting experience in technology with 3+ years coming from Big4 Audit or Nat'l Accounting firms.
- Thorough understanding of ASC 606 guidance with knowledge of technical accounting applications.
- Strong interpersonal and team management skills to partner with various leaders in the organization and oversee a team of staff.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Why Work Here?
- Work hard play hard’ mentality.
- Mission driven environment: this company is in the biotechnology industry and is positively impacting lives and contributing to the greater good.
- Supportive leadership: you’ll be directly reporting to a competent, devoted and kind manager with a reputation for building successful leaders.
- Growth opportunity: the company provides opportunities for internal rotations and likes to promote from within.
If you feel this would be worth exploring or just curious to know more, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll share more details to see if this would be a match!
NOTE: We actively support and promote people of various backgrounds, from race, religion and gender to geographical area, university, lifestyle and personality type. Proven Recruiting is minority-owned, majority women, and is a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion in the broader community.