Manager – Technical Accounting
San Diego, California
Technical Accounting & IR Support – Life Science – San Diego
Join a dedicated and ambitious team at an exciting San Diego biotechnology company with a great culture. In this Technical Accounting Manager position, you will wear many hats and support the SEC Reporting process and act as a liaison between the accounting and business development team! If you are looking to join a rapidly growing life science company, apply today!
Who You Are:
- Degree in Finance or Accounting with 5+ years of progressive accounting experience including 3+ years in public accounting (Big4 audit/assurance preferred).
- CPA required
- Experience with SEC reporting in the life science industry required.
- Proven track record of leadership including training, mentoring and reviewing the work of staff.
- Ability to think strategically and problem solve.
What You Will Do:
- Prepare all SEC filings and disclosures including the 10-Q, 10-K, 8-K and Proxy.
- Serve as the company resource for technical accounting issues including researching and applying the appropriate guidance.
- Liaise with the external auditors in support of the annual audit to ensure SOX compliance.
- Oversee the month-end close process and work cross-functionally with R&D to record clinical trial accruals.
- Supervise and review the work of staff and engaged in ad hoc projects as they arise.
Why Work Here:
- Opportunity: mentor and develop a team in a role that is a blend of finance and accounting
- Culture: collaborative work environment with a drive for success
- Growth: rapidly growing company and looking for people who can grow with them
- Compensation: competitive salary package including benefits and equity
Please send your resume to email@example.com if you have the requisite skills and a strong desire to be an impact player at this early stage life science company!
Note: We actively support and promote people of various backgrounds, from race, religion and gender to geographical area, university, lifestyle and personality type. Proven Recruiting is minority-owned, majority women, and is a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion in the broader community. Apply now!