Principal Scientist / Associate Director Medicinal Chemistry
San Diego, California
Principal Scientist / Associate Director Medicinal Chemistry, San Diego, CA
Are you a Senior Medicinal Chemist with IND experience looking for the next step in your career? Here’s your chance to make a real impact in the industry alongside a fantastic team of motivated employees focus on small molecule drug discovery and synthesis. If culture and teamwork are your priorities, you’ll want to keep reading.
What you’ll do:
- Advance projects in close collaboration with colleagues by coordinating iterative cycles of novel bioactive compound design, synthesis and SAR evaluation.
- Lead the design, synthesis and testing of novel bioactive small molecules based on the interpretation of in vitro and/or in vivo experimental data.
- Manage significant portions of CRO activities and contractual relationships.
- Interact and collaborate with fellow chemists, and scientists to advance preclinical projects through the design and synthesis of novel chemical matters with targeted properties.
- Interpretation of ADME and PK data.
- Directly invloved with IND filing
Who you are:
- PhD or MS in synthetic organic chemistry and 8+ years of related postdoctoral and industry experience, or equivalent.
- Demonstrated program leadership and successful track record in a drug discovery environment
- Must have direct experience with advancing at least one program from hit to lead candidate.
- A strong team player with a passion for science and drug discovery and structure based drug design.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
What does this position pay?
Compensation is determined by several factors which may include skillset, experience level, and geographic location.
The expected range for this role is $140K to $200K. Please note this range is an estimate and actual pay may vary based on qualifications and experience.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: We actively support and promote people of various backgrounds, from race, religion, gender to geographical area, university, lifestyle, and personality type. Proven Recruiting is minority-owned, majority women, and is a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion in the broader community. Apply today!