Process Modeling Engineer II 110K-130K
San Diego, CA
Lead Process Engineer – Salary range is $110-130K
If culture and mentorship are your priorities – you’ve found your match. This pioneer company in sustainability is looking to support and promote a talented Lead Process Engineer who will be instrumental in setting up a pilot plant for novel biobased chemicals. The successful candidate will have a strong knowledge of Chemical Engineering.
What you will do:
- Expert knowledge and understanding of chemical engineering principles and their application to chemical plant design, knowledgeable in several areas outside of immediate area of expertise. Particularly knowledge in areas such as fermentation, distillation and purification are desirable.
- Proficiency in chemical engineering modeling including kinetic models, unit operation models, and process flowsheet models in both steady state and dynamic simulation. Experience using a variety of software tools (e.g. Aspen, Excel, Matlab, etc.)
- Plant operations and petrochemical or bioprocess EPC experience preferred.
Who you are:
- Candidates with Bachelor’s or Master’s degrees and a minimum of 10 years of relevant industry experience may also be considered.
- Expert in industrial process set up, design, development, and optimization. Work conditions are primarily desk/office environment.
- Ability to travel to current and prospective partner sites, engineering contractor offices, and manufacturing facilities (typically 15-25%, with periods of higher frequency).
- Experience with technology transfer, scale-up, and production including evaluation of CMO equipment and capabilities and onsite support and oversight of operations at pilot, demo, and/or commercial scale.
Why work here:
- Grow your career: you will have the room + support to transition into more senior roles as well as gaining valuable and transferable experience with sustainable and molecular biology
- Supportive leadership: you’ll be directly reporting to a competent, devoted and kind manager with a reputation for building successful leaders.
- Collaborative environment: this is a team-centric, culture-oriented company with a focus on leveraging the unique skills of each worker.
What does this position pay?
- Compensation is determined by several factors which may include skillset, experience level, and geographic location.
- The expected range for this role is $110-130K / year.
- Please note this range is an estimate and actual pay may vary based on qualifications and experience.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to work alongside some of the finest scientists in the life sciences industry!
Note: We actively support and promote people of various backgrounds, from race, religion, gender to geographical area, university, lifestyle, and personality type. Proven Recruiting is minority-owned, majority women, and is a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion in the broader community. Apply today!