San Diego, CA
Project Accountant – San Diego – $50K – $65K
In this role, you will participate in general accounting processes and provide related variance analysis for management review. You will learn and interact with senior members in finance and accounting, and interact cross-functionally on occasion. This role provides a great stepping stone in the dynamic construction/real estate of San Diego’s economy. Apply today!
What you will do:
- Assist with the monthly close and financial reporting packages, particularly as they relate to revenue and revenue recognition
- Analyze agreements to help ensure revenue reporting is consistent with both the agreement and technical revenue recognition guidance as it relates to the company’s business
- Prepare related G/L journal entries for revenue accounts including reconciliations and variance analysis
- Research trend fluctuations
- Prepare and present variances to management as needed
- Support accounting for Cash, A/R, and other accounts as required
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Econ or similar field
- CPA preferred
- 2-4 years of progressive accounting and finance experience, ideally including 2 years of experience in public accounting
- Strong analytical, communication, and training skills required
- Strong Excel and systems experience (NetSuite, Sage, or MS Dynamics/Great Plains preferred)
Why Work Here:
- Opportunity for leadership in a growing company
- Report directly to the Accounting Manager with room for growth
- Ability to lead, develop, and mentor others
- Competitive compensation
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have the requisite skills and would like additional information.
Note: We actively support and promote people of various backgrounds, from race, religion, and gender to location, university, lifestyle, and personality type. Proven Recruiting is minority-owned and is a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion in the broader community. Apply now!